- Electric shock.
- Faulty or unmaintained equipment.
- Improperly grounded equipment.
- Overloading of sockets.
- Smoke inhalation.
- Overloaded sockets.
- Blocked fire exits.
- People smoking.
Manual / Patient Handling
- Back injury, sprains and strains.
- Lack of or unsuitable mechanical handling equipment or transfer equipment.
- Failure to maintain manual handling aids.
Slips, Trips and Falls
- Minor injuries such as cuts to major injuries such as broken bones, concussion and even death.
- Wet or slippery floors.
- Debris on floor.
- Inappropriately placed electric cables.
- Assisting an unsteady client.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of hazards and risks.