The WCU should be contacted under the following circumstances
- If there is a serious injury or fatality in your workplace.
- If you require information on occupational health and safety matters. You may also find the information you require on this website
- If you want to make a complaint about health and safety hazards in your workplace or any other workplace.
- If you are an employer or self-employed and an accident occurs in your workplace and the injured employee is unable to work for more than 3 consecutive days, then you must report the accident on IR1 Form. This can be done online or by sending the form to
Workplace Contact Unit
Health and Safety Authority
The Metropolitan Building,
James Joyce Street
- To report a Dangerous Occurrence (e.g. collapse of scaffolding) you should download Form IR3. Please complete and return to the WCU at the above address.
- If you are a Client of a project which will last longer than 30 days or 500 person days you must notify the Authority on Form AF1 before the design process begins. Please complete and return to the WCU at the above address.
- If you are a Project Supervisor for the Construction stage (PSCS) for any project which will last longer than 30 days or 500 person days you must notify the Authority on Form AF2 before the construction work begins. A copy of the AF2 should be displayed on the construction site for the duration of the project.
The Health and Safety Authority is only responsible for occupational health and safety.
We are not responsible for issues such as
- food safety
- gas leaks
- employment rights
You may find the following contact numbers helpful:
- Carbon Monoxide Line – Tel: 1850 79 79 79
- Citizens Information – Tel: 0761 07 400
- Competition and Consumer Protection Commission - Tel: 1890 432 432
- Construction Industry Federation – Tel: 01 40 66 000
- EPA – Tel: 1890 335 599
- Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission – Tel: 1890 245545
- Food Safety Authority of Ireland – Tel: 1890 33 66 77
- Garda Confidential No – Tel: 1 800 666 111
- Gas Networks Ireland – Tel: 1850 20 50 50
- InjuriesBoard.ie – Tel: 1890 829 121
- Register of Electrical Contractors of Ireland (RECI) – Tel: 01 492 9966
- Register of Gas Installers of Ireland (RGII) – Tel: 1850 454 454
- SOLAS – Tel: 01 533 2500
- Workplace Relations Commission – Tel: 1890 80 80 90