- Electric shock.
- Lack of equipment maintenance.
- Handling sockets or equipment with wet hands.
- Overloading of sockets.
- Smoke inhalation,
- Obstructed fire escape routes.
- Fire escape routes not evident.
- Physical Injuries or death (trapped in closing doors or lift plunge).
- Stress due to being trapped in a lift.
- Failure to maintain and certify the lift.
- Inadequate or inappropriate maintenance.
- Overloading of the lift / exceeding the Safe Working Load.
- Failure to report faults.
- Lack of formalised emergency release procedures.
Slips, Trips and Falls
- Minor injuries such as cuts to major injuries such as broken bones, concussion and even death.
- Slippery surfaces e.g. wet or dusty surfaces.
- Worn or torn surfaces such as carpets.
- Assisting an unsteady resident.
- Changes in floor heights, unidentified steps.
- Obstructions such as items stored in the corridors.
- Poor housekeeping.
- Inadequate lighting.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of hazards and risks.