Further information and Resources
- The Safety Data sheet (SDS), which must be supplied with classified substances or mixtures, should include classification information with the relevant hazard and precautionary statements.
- The Roadmap on Carcinogens is a voluntary action scheme to raise awareness about the risks arising from exposure to carcinogens in the workplace and exchange good practices.
- The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health's (IOSH) No Time to Lose campaign aims to raise awareness of occupational cancer and help businesses take action by providing free practical resources. These include asbestos, silica dust, diesel exhaust emissions and solar radiation.
- The British Occupational Hygiene Society's (BOHS) Breathe Freely campaign has resources on construction health, in particular respirable crystalline silica.
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has a comprehensive library of information.
- Information on individual substances can be searched on the European Chemicals Agency ECHA (Search for Chemicals) website
- Information is also available from: The US National Toxicology Program (NTP) and The UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
Submission completed, thank you!