Export and Import of Dangerous Chemicals
- Under Article 10, Exporters and Importers of PIC chemicals to/ from outside the EU must notify yearly exports and imports using ePIC before 1st April 2020
The Export Import Regulation
Regulation (EU) No 649/2012 (as amended) places obligations on exporters of certain hazardous chemicals when exporting to non-EU countries.
The objective is to allow countries to monitor and to control the export and import of certain hazardous chemicals. It allows countries to refuse export and/or to place certain conditions on their import.
The Export Import Regulation:
- Implements the Rotterdam Convention on the Prior Informed Consent (PIC) Procedure for certain hazardous chemicals and pesticides in international trade
- Promotes shared responsibility and cooperative efforts in the international movement of hazardous chemicals in order to protect human health and the environment
- Contributes to the environmentally sound use of hazardous chemicals
- Imposes the same packaging and labelling requirements as apply within the EU to all exports of all dangerous substances
See Further Information