Duties as a Designer
As a designer you must ensure that the project is capable of being constructed to be safe, can be maintained safely and complies with all relevant safety and health legislation.
- Identify any hazards that my design may present during construction and subsequent maintenance
- Where possible, eliminate the hazards or reduce risk
Where there are residual risks, you must
- Communicate necessary control measures
- Design assumptions or remaining risks to the Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) so that they can be dealt with in the Safety and Health Plan
- Co-operate with other designers and the Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) or Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)
- Take account of any existing safety and health plan or safety file
- Comply with directions issued by the PSDP or PSCS
- Where no PSDP has been appointed, inform the client that a PSDP must be appointed
Submission completed, thank you!