Create a Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan Using BeSMART.ie
When appointed by the client as the Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) you must develop a suitable construction stage safety and health plan for the project, prior to the commencement of construction work. The plan provides the blueprint for managing and co-ordinating safety and health during construction and needs to explain how the key safety and health issues will be managed. It must be relevant to the particular project and should be developed in conjunction with the Safety and Health Plan prepared on a preliminary basis by the Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP).
To access the Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan you must work through the following steps;
- Select the business type ‘Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)’ in BeSMART.ie
- Work through the particular risk assessments (non-exhaustive), mandatory site requirements and site welfare checklists
- Download your Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan Template. Review and update the template and make it site specific to the requirements of the job
You must then make your construction stage safety and health plan specific to the project by adding all relevant information about your project by following the information and guidance contained within the document. Finally you must keep the construction stage safety and health plan updated and ensure the relevant information is available to anybody associated with the project that may need it.
Note: It is highly recomended that you save / keep a master copy of your construction stage safety and health plan that you have developed in a local or secure storage area as BeSMART.ie does not have the capability of editing or saving updated files.
Management Screen -Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)
When you get to the management screen you will be now given the following three options;
1. Construction Stage Plan - The template plan can be downloaded in RTF (Rich Text Format) and can be saved as a Word or Pages document for development and editing
2. Manage Your Action List – Assign dates and people to close out controls that need to be put in place
3. Browse Hazards – Here you have access to all hazards on BeSMART.ie. Select any additional hazards that you have in your workplace and risk assess them. You can then print and include them in your construction stage plan
Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan - Contents and Introduction
Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan - Contents and Introduction (PDF, 0.7MB)
Submission completed, thank you!