Project Supervisor Construction Stage
The role of the project supervisor construction stage is to manage and co-ordinate health and safety matters during the construction stage. The project supervisor construction stage is appointed before the construction work begins and remains in that position until all construction work on the project is completed.
Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan
Develop a Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan
When appointed by the client as the Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) you must develop a suitable construction stage safety and health plan for the project, prior to the commencement of construction work. The plan provides the blueprint for managing and co-ordinating safety and health during construction and needs to explain how the key safety and health issues will be managed. It must be relevant to the particular project and should be developed in conjunction with the Safety and Health Plan prepared on a preliminary basis by the Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP).
- Select the business type ‘Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)’ in BeSMART.ie
- Work through the particular risk assessments (non-exhaustive), mandatory site requirements and site welfare checklists
- Download your Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan Template
- Review and update the template and make it site specific to the requirements of the job
- Develop your construction stage safety and health plan by adding all relevant information about your project and following the information and guidance contained in the document
- Finally keep the construction stage safety and health plan updated and ensure the relevant information is available to anybody associated with the project that may need it. You must keep a master copy of your construction stage safety and health plan that you have developed on a local or secure storage area as BeSMART.ie does not have the capability of editing or saving updated files.
Use BeSMART.ie to create a Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan
To develop a construction site traffic management plan visit
Guidelines on the Construction Regulations include information on the roles and duties of the Project Supervisor for the Construction Process