Vision, Mission and Mandate
Healthy, safe and productive lives and enterprises.
In the longer term we want to realise a safe and healthy working life for people in Ireland and to foster an environment where businesses can grow and prosper. We want to see human health protected by the safe use of chemicals in and out of work. We want to ensure that providers of services and products are accredited thereby enhancing the confidence of their customers and clients.
We regulate and promote work-related safety, health and welfare and the safe use of chemicals and products. We provide the national accreditation service.
- To regulate the safety, health and welfare of people at work and those affected by work activities.
- To promote improvement in the safety, health and welfare of people at work and those affected by work activities.
- To regulate and promote the safe manufacture, use, placing on the market, trade, supply, storage and transport of chemicals.
- To act as a surveillance authority in relation to relevant single European market legislation.
- To act as the national accreditation body for Ireland.
Submission completed, thank you!