The Health and Safety Authority has published a comprehensive guidance document on asbestos which includes the following:
- Information on types of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings.
- Health effects of asbestos and associated risks to different types of workers.
- Risk assessment of ACMs and use of various risk assessment algorithms.
- Various legislation applicable to asbestos in Ireland.
- Managing ACMs in workplaces and developing an Asbestos Management Plan (AMP)
- Protocol for Management Asbestos Surveys (MAS) and a Pre-refurbishment/demolition survey (RDAS).
- Bulk sampling and analysis.
- Training, instruction and information requirements.
- Personal Protective Equipment for working with asbestos and ACMs.
- Protocols for lower risk work with asbestos and ACMs
- Protocols for higher risk work with asbestos and ACMs.
- Contents of Plans of Work (method statements) for lower and higher risk asbestos work.
- Role of the Independent Analyst, Four stage Clearance procedure and Certificates of Reoccupation .
- Health surveillance and exposure registers.
- Notification requirements.
- Advice for management and disposal of asbestos and ACMs.
You can download a PDF copy of the asbestos guidelines here.
Do you carry out repair, renovation or maintenance works in older buildings?
Do you transport asbestos containing material by road?
Submission completed, thank you!