Training & Strategic Alliances
Training is an essential part of ensuring that all farm and forestry workers are competent to perform their work. See a complete list of Health and Safety Training courses for the sector.
- Additional information on tree surgery and arboriculture can be obtained from the UK Health & Safety Executive’s website
- RBAI provides a 1 day Health and Safety Training course for the Veterinary and Veterinary nursing professions
The Farm Safety Partnership Advisory Committee was established to involve all industry stakeholders in improving occupational safety and health in Agriculture. This Committee supports and coordinates the majority of research and promotional activities in relation to farm safety. The work of the Farm Safety Partnership Advisory Committee is set out in the Farm Safety Action Plan 2013-2015. The goals of the Farm Safety Action Plan are
- To raise national awareness of occupational safety and health in agriculture
- To increase the uptake of training on farm safety and occupational health
- To achieve a reduction in the incidence of fatal accidents to elderly farmers
- To achieve a reduction in the incidence of fatal accidents to children
- To achieve a reduction in the incidence of accidents involving livestock
- To achieve a reduction in the incidence of accidents involving tractors and machinery
- To achieve improvements in the level of occupational ill health among farmers
Teagasc and the Authority have established a Joint Prevention Initiative to
- Develop, implement and evaluate the Agriculture Code of Practice
- Establish and deliver half day training courses for farmers on completing the Agriculture Code of Practice
- Organise National seminars/conferences on Farm Safety and Health
- Organise joint Research projects on aspects of Farm Safety and Health
The Authority and ESB Networks work together on workplace safety issues.
Submission completed, thank you!