Plant and Machinery
Transport Management on Construction Sites
Under the construction regulations;
On all construction sites on which transport vehicles, earth-moving or materials-handling machinery or locomotives are used, the project supervisor for the construction stage shall ensure that –
(a) safe and suitable access ways are provided for them
(b) traffic and pedestrian routes are so organised and controlled
including, where appropriate, by the provision of a traffic and pedestrian management plan, as to secure their safe operation.
Among the issues to be taken into account are:
- Size of site
- Location of site
- Number of vehicles on site
- Access and egress from site
- Pedestrian routes on site
- Number of workers on site
- Work activities i.e. proximity of excavations to vehicle access routes
- Other site specific issues
Inspection and Certification Lifting Equipment
An initiative by the Construction Safety Partnership has developed an online tool to assist in managing this aspect of lifting equipment.
This initiative is designed to assist contractors to comply with the legal requirements to ensure that lifting equipment is regularly inspected and certified as being safe.
- Store information on your plant equipment and certificates
- Be automatically notified when inspections are required
- Store actual certificates and access at any time
- View all details and certificates from your smart-phone
This is a free service developed by the CSP for the Irish construction service.
Click on the link to visit the Certtracker website
Site Dumper / 360 Excavator Pre-start Checks Sheet