Healthy, Safe and Productive Lives
The Safe Quarry provide guidelines on compliance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Quarries) Regulations 2008 and were developed with the assistance and advice of a working group on quarrying safety, representative of a wide range of interests in the quarrying industry.
Following this guidance is not compulsory and operators are free to establish and follow other equal or higher standards. However following this guidance will normally be enough to comply fully with the quarries regulations.
The Safe Quarry Guidance provides practical advice to enable quarries to operate safely and Operators to meet all of the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Quarries) Regulations, 2008
The Safe Quarry Guidance will be reviewed and edited to fully meet any additional requirements imposed by the proposed draft Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Quarries) Regulations when they are enacted.
Read the Safe Quarry - Guidelines to the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Quarry) Regulations 2008
The HSA through the Quarry Safety Partnership have also produced Safe Quarry - A Guide for Quarry Workers which can be downloaded or hard copies ordered from email@example.com
Other Guidance available from the HSA
· COP for the Operators of Quarry Delivery Vehicles Employing 3 or less
· Code of Practice for Electrical Safety in Quarries
· Guidance For Carrying Out Risk Assessment at Surface Mining Operations
· Guidance to Ensure Safe Use of Large Vehicles and Earth-moving Equipment in Quarries
· Guidance on the Safe Use of Explosives in Quarries