Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
Section 8 of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2014 requires FOI bodies to prepare and publish as much information as possible in an open and accessible manner on a routine basis outside of FOI, having regard to the principles of openness, transparency and accountability as set out in Sections 8(5) and 11(3) of the Act. This allows for the publication or giving of records outside of FOI provided that such publication or giving of access is not prohibited by law. The scheme commits FOI bodies to make information available as part of their normal business activities in accordance with this scheme.
Please find the Authority’s FOI Publication Scheme below. Each link in the table leads to a page comprising relevant information in the category as well as links to relevant information on the Health and Safety Authority Website. If the information you require cannot be found here, you may wish to conduct a search on the Authority’s website or to contact our information section at email@example.com or phone 1890 289 389. If the information is not currently made publicly available by the Authority, you may consider making a Freedom of Information request.
Information about the Authority
Corporate plans and strategies
Organisation & Pay/Grading Structures
Locations and contact details for the organisation
- For details as to how to contact us by phone, email or post, click here.
Links to agencies/other bodies under the FOI body’s remit
- INAB, the Irish National Accreditation Board was established in 1985 and is a Committee of the Health and Safety Authority under the Industrial Development (Dissolution of Forfas) Act 2014. The link to INAB can be found here.
Details of Service Level Agreements/Memoranda of Understanding
- To read the Authority’s Customer Charter click here.
Codes of Practice or Guidelines
- All publications available here.
Services Provided or to be provided to the Public
We are committed to providing the highest levels of service to all our customers. To read more about our customer service click here.
The Health and Safety Authority Inspectors carry out inspections across all work sectors and work activities which come under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 (the 2005 Act) and the Chemicals Act 2008. Click here to find out more about inspections.
The Health and Safety Authority believes that education is the key to fostering a culture of safety and health which will heighten awareness and keep young people safe and healthy in the home, school, community and workplace. Find out more by clicking here.
How can such services can be accessed
- For details on how to contact the Authority click here.
How much such services cost to access, if any
- The schedule of INAB fees can be found here.
- There is a cost for FOI appeals, learn more here.
Review or appeal rights relating to such services
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with our service and you wish to make a complaint, we will deal with it in a fair, thorough and timely manner.
- Click here for details of the Authority’s Customer Service Charter
- If you wish to appeal a decision made by an Inspector click here
- If you wish to appeal an FOI decision, click here.
Research projects undertaken in respect of these functions/services
- Click here to access any relevant Research publications
Decision Making process for major policy proposals
Major policy proposals including any public consultation exercises
- Click here to read about the Authority’s consultation process, current consultations and the outcome of consultations
Reports on the operation of public services by the FOI body
Expenditure reviews, policy assessments
The Health & Safety Authority has a range of documents containing financial information about the organisation in the Corporate Publications section of its website.
- For more information please click here
Payments or purchase orders for goods and services
- Click here for further information
Governance Board Member remuneration
- Details of Board Members fees and expenses can be seen in our most recent Annual Report 2017
- Older Annual Reports can be viewed by clicking here
- Competitive tendering is the standard procedure in the procurement process of the Authority. Click here to read our Code of Corporate Governance
Tender competitions on the eTenders website
Public contracts awarded including contract type, contractor, value, award date, duration and brief description (tabular format) over 10k and over 25k for other contracts
- Further information to follow
FOI Disclosure Log and Other Information to be Published Routinely
FOI Disclosure Log
- Full information available here
- A range of reports have been published by the Authority. Please click here to view publications
There are a range of ERSI/HSA research publications. Please click here to view research reports.
Commercial publications and relative charges
Information held by the body which is sought regularly